This is Not Your Standard Web Hosting Account
We migrated our site to FatLab after becoming increasingly disappointed in the level of support provided by a two major hosting companies. FatLab has filled this need for us by providing timely and reliable support each and every time we have needed it. - D. Kasim, Santesys
Have you ever called your hosting company because your site had an issue only to be told that you needed to call a developer?
Have you ever called your hosting company because your site was under performing and were told there was nothing they could do about it?
These are exactly the situations that we work hard to prevent. When you call us, with an issue we don’t point fingers and blame the other guy, we’ll research it, fix it and/or make recommendations on how to improve the situation. We are not a hosting company, we are a client service company that hosts Web sites.
We Have Some Awesome Tech Specs as Well
Premium Web Hosting in the Cloud
We provide an all cloud infrastructure with enhanced features such as load balancing as a standard part of of our premium Web hosting offering. What this means is that you site is not loaded onto a single machine limited by the resources and performance of that one machine. Instead your Website utilizes the resources of many different machines, pulling resources as needed.
Hi Traffic or Sudden Spikes, No Problem
Spikes in traffic are immediately and automatically given more power and bandwidth to keep up with the demand and load balancers ensure that demand on your site is distributed across the cloud platform. From a day to day perspective, this menas that machines can be taken offline for maintenance and updates without causing your site to experience any downtime. Even more importantly and different from many other hosting plans, other site’s traffic and demand for resources on the same system will not cause your slow downs with your site.
Backup and Disaster Recovery
Though our systems could not be more prepared in regards to redundancy and failover, backups are critical to any Website and a part of our premium Web hosting services. Backups provide insurance against high impact disasters such as natural and man-made disasters to simple data corruption and human error. Most hosting companies provide a backup solution but many times backups are stored on the same harddrive and/or in the same physical location as the originals, not protecting the website from harddrive failure or a single damaging event. We have two types of backups:
- Disaster recovery backups. Disaster recovery back ups, are taken every 4 hours, which are then rolled into a daily backup and retained for two days. These are stored in geographically diverse locations and insure against major system failures.
- Developer backups. These backups are designed to be easily and immediately accessible by our development team. These are not only to help protect against major issues but human error, data corruption or other events that might require quick access to a previous data state. Developer backups are taken daily and stored on a rotating basis for a week. In addition to daily backups, we also take a weekly snapshot and store those for a month. These are all stored on separate systems from your Website.
Technical Details (Geek Stuff)
Included in our standard premium Web hosting plan is:
- Load balancing (sites and applications are loaded across a large pool of servers and the traffic they receive is balanced out to the entire pool of servers)
- 5GB Storage
- 50GB bandwidth
- Red Hat Enterprise (Linux)
- Apache 2.2
- PHP 5.4
- Perl 5.8
- MySQL 5
- Includes 10 hosted email accounts (large storage, large attachment, virus/spam control, support for mobile devices and much more)
Custom Web Hosting Plans Available